Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Global Feminism Part 2

So I already (unintensionaly) wrote a blog about global feminism, but I focused mainly on the idea that where feminism is really needed is in coutries around the world where women are living under worse coditions than we do in America. So today I'll try a new approach.
I just read two posts on Clio Talks Back about women against war. She gave many historical examples of women writing to protest war and to try and persuade other women to join them. I thought this was really interesting because if you think about it, it only makes sense that women should be the ones to bring about peace. In relationships women are generally the bridge-builders. We are the care takers of the family, we are responsible for making sure everything runs smoothly. So why not take that to the global level? War is a monumental drain on wealth, resources, and human life--for the most part male life. At the end of a war, after all the men have killed each other off, the women are left to pick up the pieces, care for the wounded, and just in general survive. Of all people women should be against war and do everything in their power to protest it and end it. I hope that if I am ever faced with the reality of war I won't shy away from the challenge of trying to make peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment